This recipe is made with very few ingredients and uses no onion and garlic. It is made rich with an addition of few cashews and cream.
Cooking time-25 min.
· 8 to 10 cashews
· 2 cups finally chopped tomatoes
· 2 cups or 200 gram Paneer
· 1 tbsp. butter (solid)
· 2 green cardamoms
· 1 small cinnamon stick
· 2 cloves
· 1 green chili slit & deseeded
· ¾ tsp ginger paste
· ¾ to 1 ¼ tsp red chilli powder (to taste)
· salt as required
· turmeric as required
· 1 to 1 ¼ tsp garam masala (to taste)
· ¼ tsp kasuri methi
· ¼ cup cream (adjust to suit your taste)
1. Blend together tomatoes and cashews (soaked for 5 min. in hot water) to a smooth puree.
2. Heat a pan with butter, sauté cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and green chili.
3. Sauté ginger garlic paste for the raw smell to go away.
4. Transfer the puree to the pan, Cover partially and cook until the puree thickens.
5. Add chili powder, turmeric and salt. Sauté until the mix leaves the sides of the pan.
6. Add garam masala and sauté for 1- 2 min.
7. Pour 1 cup water. Adjust as you needed to make gravy.
8. Cook until the gravy thickens.
9. Add the Paneer in the gravy. Stir gently. Cook covered for 2 to 3 min. Add crushed Kasuri methi.
10. Now Pour the cream and allow to boil.
11. Your Paneer makhani is ready.
12. Pour the some cream for garnishing.
13. Serve Paneer makhani with roti, or jeera rice.