Soya Chunk Paneer Bhurji
Prep- time-10 min.
· 1 cup of soya granules or chunks
· ½ cup of crumbled Paneer
· ½ cup of finely chopped onions
. 1 green chili slit
· 1 tbspn ginger garlic paste
· Some Bay leaf
· ¼ tbspn cumin (jeera)
· Pinch of turmeric
· 1 tbspn red chili powder (adjust to suit your taste)
· 1 tbspn garam masala
· ¼ tbspn amchur powder (optional)
· 1 tbsp. oil (adjust)
· Salt to taste
· Some chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Bring 2 to 3 cups water to a boil, off the gas stove and add soya granules or chunks. When they soften, squeeze off the excess water and rinse again in fresh water. Squeeze once more. Soya must be moist. If using soya chunks, pulse them.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add bay leaf, and cumin. Let them crackle.
3. Add onions & chili, fry till they turn translucent.
4. Add ginger garlic paste; fry until the raw smell goes off.
5. Add the soya granules, salt & turmeric, fry for 2 mins. Cover and cook till the soya granules are cooked fully. If needed just sprinkle little water.
6. Add red chili powder, garam masala, crumbled paneer, amchur powder if using. Mix well and fry for 2 -3 mins. on a medium flame. Does not overcook as the soya granules tend to become dry and Paneer becomes hard.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
8. Serve Paneer soya bhurji roti or Paratha.