Stuffed Aloo with paneer
is stuffed aloo with paneer.
Authentically potatoes are stuffed with Mava
. But, I wanted to do something different.
I stuffed aloo with paneer. Its gravy is made from common onions Garlic and
tomatoes. This is nice creamy gravy with delicious stuffed potatoes.
|Stuffed Aloo with Paneer|
For potato stuffing-
- Paneer – 2 cup (grated)
- Cashew nuts – 5, chopped
- Kismis(raisin) – 10, chopped
- Green chilies – 2, chopped finely
- Salt – to taste
Ingredients for gravy-
- Potatoes – 6, medium
- Oil – 2 tablespoons + for deep frying
- Onions – 1 ½ medium, chopped roughly
- Ginger – ½ inch piece
- Garlic cloves - 3
- Red chilli powder
- Tomatoes – 3 medium, chopped roughly
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon stick – 1 inch piece
- Green cardamom – 1
- Whipping cream – 2 tbspn
- Salt – to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan for deep frying.
2. Wash the potatoes. Peel them and cut into half. Keep them paper towel.
3. Once oil is hot enough, deep fry potatoes till they are brown. Drain them and put them on paper towel. Let them cool.
4. Meanwhile mix all ingredients of stuffing, Paneer, Kismis, kaju,green chilli and salt mix properly and keep aside.
5. Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, scoop the middle and stuff them.
6. Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and cook till transparent. Let them cool little bit. Grind into puree with ginger, garlic.
7. Take 1 cup of water and chopped tomatoes in a saucepan. Cook on medium heat till tomatoes are soft. Let it cool little bit, remove extra water and grind into puree.
8. Heat the remaining oil in same pan.
9. Once hot add onion puree and cook it for 4-5 minutes.
10. Add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom, red chilli powder. Cook it for 1-2 minute.
11. Add tomato puree and cook it for 5 minutes. (Add water if required as per your liking consistency.) Stir in between.
12. Add salt and heavy whipping cream. Mix well.
13. Just before serving add stuffed potatoes to gravy and cook it for 3-4 minutes.
14. Now your stuffed Aloo with paneer is ready.
15. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.