· Green chilies,chopped-2
· Curry leaves-8
· Cumin seeds-1 tsp
· Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
· Asafoetida-1/4 tsp
· Pinch of Turmeric
· Cooking oil-2.5 tsp
· Chili powder- 1/4 tsp
· Sugar- 1/4 tsp(optional)
· Salt- to taste
1. Heat 1.5 tsp of oil in a pan and add cumin and asafetida.
2. Now add chopped tomatoes and green chilies, stir fry for few seconds.
3. Add salt and turmeric, cover and cook on low flame.
4. When tomato become soft then blend and make a smooth puree.
5. Heat 1 tsp oil and add mustard and Curry leaves.
6. When seeds start crackling pour the tempering over the tomato puree.
7. Add chili powder, pinch of sugar in the tomato puree and give it a boil.
8. Add fresh coriander and serve with any type of dosa and idli.