Bhindi or Okra do Pyaja
Today recipe is Bhindi or Okra do Pyaja. Do pyaza denote presence of double the quantity of onions than found in any other style of preparation Bhindi (Okra) Do Pyaza is a home style comforting vegetables that can be cooked in minutes and makes an ideal dish to cook. It’s very easy to make recipe you can prepare when you are in a hurry.
You can enjoy with bhindi do pyaja with chapatti or triangle paratha, and also enjoy with dal and plain rice its very ideal side dish. I always prefer to serve with dal and Plain rice.
Lets enjoy how to make Bhindi Do Pyaza recipe.
|Bhindi do Pyaja|
- Serves :
- Wash bhindi (okra) in water and wipe them with the help of a kitchen towel. You may leave the washed bhindi on a plate drying for some time.
- Chop all bhindis in 1-2 inch pieces, while removing its base and stalk.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add chopped bhindi to it. Saute it for 4-5 minutes on medium flame and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add asafoetida and ginger garlic paste and bay leaf.
- Add some chopped onions and chopped chilies and saute them for about 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add dry masalas and salt (coriander, turmeric, red chili powder). Mix well and cook this mixture covered for around 1 minute. (sprinkle some water if masalas becomes dry)
- Add chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook it covered for around 3-4 minutes.
- Add remaining onions to the pan now. Cook the mixture for around 5 more minutes.
- Add fried okras to the pan and cook them without the lid on medium flame for another 8-10 minutes till they get cooked well.
- Enjoy this curry with chapatti or triangle Paratha and serve with dal and rice.
- I always prefer to serve with dal and rice also.
|Bhindi do Pyaja|